Online Enrollment for the 2020-2021 School Year Begins 2/14/2020


If you are inquiring about enrollment and registration for the 2020-21 school year and you are NEW (or returning) to the Castro Valley Unified School District, and are NOT transferring from Canyon or Creekside, please click HERE. New enrollments for the 2019-20 school year will begin on Monday, Apr


Key Enrollment Dates

Planning for the 2020-2021 school year is fast approaching and we want to be sure that everyone knows about timelines and requirements.
Please click HERE for an easy-to-reference timeline document with key enrollment dates.



TRANSFER Enrollment from Canyon/Creekside for the 2020-21 School Year

If you have a current 8th GR student, attending Canyon or Creekside Middle School, transferring to CVHS in the fall, you will want to attend 8th GR Parent Night on Thursday, Jan. 23rd, 2020.  In addition, you will need to verify your Castro Valley address on the scheduled Residency Dates.  Your student’s information from Canyon or Creekside will “roll” into Castro Valley High School however your Castro Valley address must be verified prior to Walk-thru Registration.  It is best to complete this step BEFORE the end of the current school year.

You will receive additional information later in the summer regarding the online Re-Registration process and Walk-thru Registration dates.  At Walk-thru Registration your student will turn in required forms (obtained through Parent Portal Account/Data Confirmation), take a photograph for ID and yearbook, and if all required forms are turned in and residency verification has been completed, your student will receive a class schedule, locker assignment and ID Card.


Residency Verification Dates (for Canyon/Creekside students ONLY):

Thursday, January 23, 2020 4:15 – 5:45 p.m. 
Monday, February 10, 2020 4:15 – 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, March 19, 2020 4:15 – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 25, 2020 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 13, 2020 4:15 – 6:00 p.m.




Are you moving or transferring schools?  A parent/guardian will need to contact the Registrar, or Counselor, so student can obtain the withdrawal paperwork.  The student will need to return all books assigned to him/her to the Bookroom/Library, empty his/her locker and check out with other offices on campus.  Once this process is completed the Registrar can provide paperwork for the new transfer school.


If you are moving to another residence within our attendance area, please contact Brooke Johnson in our Main Office at Ext. 3805 as soon as possible so we can update our records with your new contact information.  You will need to complete and submit a “Statement of Residency Form” form with a current PG&E bill + 1 additional required document.  



Please submit your request by fax at (510) 582-7728.


Contact:  Registrar - Jackie Smith-Mckaig

Telephone: (510) 537-5910, ext. 3823

Fax: (510) 582-7728