The Health & Biotechnology Pathway - (HABIT)
Health & Biotechnology Pathway
The Health and Biotechnology (HABiT) Pathway is a four year college preparatory program for students with interest in careers such as nursing, EMT, pharmacology, physical therapy, forensics, dentistry, veterinary medicine, sports medicine, occupational therapy and bioinformatics. Students who complete our program are prepared to pursue the health career of their choice and have an understanding of what post-secondary education is required to get there; they will have an understanding of requirements to fulfill their goals. Students enrolled in the pathway have access to exclusive events, internships and field trips to help them build lasting relationships and extend their understanding of the curriculum. Additionally students are clustered in two of their classes each year so that they can network with peers of similar interests and support one another.
HABiT Pathway Goals
1) Create science literate citizens who can make informed and evidence based choices.
2) Build a strong sense of community.
3) Increase awareness of health & medical careers.
The classes below are required to be in the HABiT pathway.
- 9th Grade-Biology Habit
- 10th Grade-Chemistry Habit or Honors Chemistry Habit
- 11th or 12th Grade-Anatomy & Physiology Habit, Biotechnology or Medical Careers
*Biotechnology and Medical Careers are issued CTE credit.
PLEASE SEE THE SCIENCE SECTION OF THE PROGRAM PLANNING GUIDE ON PAGE ___ FOR A COURSE DESCRIPTION.